At Grace Church Monterey Bay, we put a high value on teaching our children the Word of God. Our Children of Grace ministry exists to help parents teach their children about the character of God and the Gospel. Our goal is to evangelize children every Sunday and then, to assist parents in discipling them in how to live a life that is grace-driven and Gospel-centered.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
When you arrive at church, we want to make the process as easy, secure, and welcoming as possible. Head over to our children's ministry building to the left of the sanctuary and check in at our check-in station, beginning at 10:15. Our volunteer staff will assist you in checking in your children and bringing them to their designated classrooms.
Check-in is available starting at 10:15 AM and available throughout the service. Classrooms are divided by age:
- Infant Nursery: 0-2 years old
- Toddlers: 3-5 years old
- Big Kids: 6-11 years old
*Note, Big Kid's 6-11 class starts after worship time. You are welcome to check your 6-11 children in before service but they will remain with you until the Meet and Greet time during the worship service.
Starting at the toddlers classroom and going up to age 11, children will be taught biblically based curriculum, Generations of Grace.
Generations of Grace is a biblically based, unified curriculum designed to be used in multiple settings for the purpose of edifying teachers, evangelizing children and encouraging families.
This curriculum is:
- Biblically Driven—covering the Old Testament historical books, the life of Christ, the birth and growth of the church, and lessons from the book of Revelation.
- God-Centered—magnifying God by studying His character in the pages of Scripture.
- Christ Exalting—glorifying Christ as the pinnacle of God’s redemptive plan
- Gospel Saturated—pointing children to Christ as the only way of salvation
- Family Focused—uniting the family around the same passage of Scripture each Sunday and throughout the week
Generations of Grace is designed to magnify God by studying His character in the pages of Scripture. We can better understand who He is and how we are to respond to Him by studying how His redemptive plan has unfolded and how He has used men to accomplish His purposes. Over a three-year period, this curriculum covers the entire narrative of God's redemptive plan. Starting at age 2 until age 11, each child will have completed Generations of Grace and learning through the entire bible for a total of 3 times.
SERVE IN CHILDREN OF GRACE MINISTRY
We need more servants with our children! Email email@example.com to ask about the process of becoming a Children's Ministry servant. Access the Children's Ministry Manual and Children's Ministry Application here.
RESOURCES FOR PARENTS AND THOSE WHO SERVE IN CHILDREN'S MINISTRY
- Risen Motherhood by Emily Jensen & Laura Wifler
- Shepherding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp
- Being a Dad Who Leads by John MacArthur
- Loving the Little Years by Rachel Jankovic
- Give Them Grace by Elyse Fitzpatrick
- Treasuring Christ When Your Hands are Full by Gloria Furman
- Missional Motherhood by Gloria Furman
- Parenting: 14 Gospel Principals by Paul David Tripp
- Hope for the Weary Mom by Stacey Thacker and Brooke Mcglothlin
- Gospel Powered Parenting by William P. Farley
- Duties of Parents by J.C. Ryle